MyJira stopped working and when I troubleshooted, it looks like the confluence_log in my MSSQL is up to 300GB. What do I have to do to clear it and what is the proper SQL request?
Thank you,
Hi Anass,
It sounds like you have a MS SQL database that is set to use a Full recovery model. This recovery model is known to create large log files of every change in SQL.
In the case of a database used for Jira or Confluence, there typically is not a need to keep that level of recovery. In which case you can switch to a model such as Simple instead. Steps to do this are in View or Change the Recovery Model of a Database (SQL Server)
Granted, I would recommend that you stop the application using that database (Confluence) before you make this change. It's also a good idea to create a new database backup after you do this. These steps should shrink that log significantly.
I hope this helps.
Andy
Hi Andy,
Thank you so much for replying to my post. Actually, I found a YouTube video on how to resolve this issue and it did work for me.
Thanks again, much appreciated it.
Anass
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.