Hi there
Now I am using confluence 3.5.2 on AIX 6.1 and ibm java 6
Near future, I am asked to migrate it to RHEL env with java 7 or 8.
confluence 3.5.2 is compatible with java 7 or 8 on RHEL env ?
No. Confluence 3 does not work on Java 7+
I would recommend installing Oracle Java 6 on RHEL (temporarily), running up a 3.5.2 installation and moving over to that first, then upgrading it to 4.highest, then 5.highest, then 6.13.6 (latest enterprise version)
thanks Nic.
btw when it comes to upgrading from 3.5.2 to higher version, is there no issues with moving user files, such as pages, attachments so on, to the higher version?
just copying those is needed?
No, absolutely not. You must perform a proper upgrade from 3.5 to 4.x as per documentation. "just copying" will not work.
Thanks again Nic.
this guide is right along with your speaking?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf610/upgrading-confluence-manually-952623427.html
if no, could you let me know where to get the document ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.