In my environment we create a collection of groups in Crowd to support role based access controls. We recently upgraded to Crowd Data Center and want to take advantage of the ability to distribute administration of groups.
The group-level-admin set of REST methods seems like it supports this, however, all them require groupId, which isn't the name of the group. I've tested the following rest methods, but none of them include the group ID needed by the group-level-admin methods:
- GET /rest/admin/1.0/group/search/{directoryId}
- GET /rest/usermanagement/1/group
- GET /rest/usermanagement/1/search
- POST /rest/usermanagement/1/search
- POST /rest/usermanagement/1/group
The POST /rest/admin/1.0/groups/query method returns the group ID, but this only works if someone is already configured to be an admin of the group, which won't be the case in my environment.
Strangely enough POST /rest/admin/1.0/users/search and GET /rest/admin/1.0/directory/managed return the user ID and directory ID, but the equivalent functionality for groups doesn't.
How can I, through the Crowd REST interface get the group ID of a group if I only know the name of the group and the directory it is in?
If that functionality isn't there, are there any plugins that provide it, or plans to add it in the future? Even through the web interface I couldn't find a way to see the group ID. It seems odd that these REST methods would be added, but not a way to get the information that they require.
Thank you