Hello everyone
We use JIRA as a database for our production of books, which means that each book is an issue.
Each book is a unique issue and has a reporter/assignee from our office, who handle the primary work on the book. There are multiple tasks to each issue/book, e.g. cover production, which is handled by freelancers who work in JIRA from home. They have a hard time keeping an overview of their work, since we can't assign them to our titles.
At the moment, we have disabled sub-tasks, but I thought they might be useful for this. But each sub-task receive a new issue-key(which opens up a whole bucket of problems with our existing setup). Is it possible to have sub-tasks not have an issue key?
Is there a better way to have multiple assignees? I read the link below a couple of times, but none of the solutions seems like what I'm looking for, except the sub-task one, which in turn is troublesome, due to the nature of multiple issue keys.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira062/how-do-i-assign-issues-to-multiple-users-588581419.html
Thanks for any help and sorry if I've been unclear in any way,
Nikolaj