I'm not sure why I'm unable to use the !~ operator in this line. The ~ operator by itself works just fine, and Jira documentation says that !~ can be used in a text search like I'm doing above. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Hi @Ethan Cook,
welcome to the community.
the !~ operator is not supported for the text field as you can see in the docs here.
However, there might be other ways to get what you want. Some pointers to get you started:
Cheers,Matthias.
Yes, the summary would be enough! Thank you very much.
Hi @Ethan Cook ,
I tried and the advanced search proposes only the "~" operator .Although I have the "!~" operator for a summary search for instance.According to the doc, the tilde, "~", symbol at the end of a single word term, is used to do a fuzzy search, For example, to search for a term similar in spelling to a single word. What do you want to do with a "!~" ? Looking for a term not similar to another word?
I don't think you can search issue which the text field doesn't contain "VTASK", sorry...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.