Hi folks,
can somebody help me?
I made a big mistake in my backup/restore-session.
I am running two different instances of confluence, both with different settings concerning spaces, users and content.
Now I wanted to export one specific space from instance A and import it into instance B.
By mistake I did not export the space but the complete site. The import on instance B worked, but, as you can imagine, I have imported the complete site of instance A. Instance B is now a complete copie of instance A. That means that the previous content of instance B now is lost
Due to Murphy´s Law the last backup of instance B was corrupt and therefore the easy way to restore the site is not possible.
So is there another way to restore the previous content of instance B? As far as I can see the attachments of the previous content are still available on the filesystem, I suppose the database might also contain the corresponding entities. But how to tell Confluence to use these old settings again?
Can anybody help me?
Instance A runs on Windows with PostgreSQL, instance B on Linux also with PostgreSQL.
Kind regards
MArijan