Hello.
I'm evaluating a whole bunch of Atlassian products and I've started with Crowd and Stash. I had both of these running and integrated and all was well. But then I needed to restart the server.
I ran Crowd first and was then getting the 'URL already in use' error. So I stopped Crowd and tried to run Stash on its own to see what happens. When I run the Stash start-stash.bat file, it actually runs Crowd!
This is the directory structure I'm using:
C:\Atlassian\Crowd\Install
C:\Atlassian\Crowd\Home
C:\Atlassian\Stash\Install
C:\Atlassian\Stash\Home
When I run start-stash.bat (from the Stash\Install\bin directory), it shows the following values in the command prompt:
Using CATALINA_BASE: "C:\Atlassian\Crowd\Install\apache-tomcat"
Using CATALINA_HOME: "C:\Atlassian\Crowd\Install\apache-tomcat"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "C:\Atlassian\Crowd\Install\apache-tomcat\temp"
Using JRE_HOME: "C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.7.0_45"
Using CLASSPATH: "(Crowd)\bootstrap.jar;(Crowd)\tomcat-juli.jar"
Naturally, this means that it actually launches Crowd.
Any ideas? I had a look at environment variables but can't see anything wrong. My STASH_HOME variable has been set to "C:\Atlassian\Stash\Home". Also, this was working fine until I restarted.. don't know if that helps.
Any and all help hugely appreciated.
UPDATE
It turns out that this happens when I launch Crowd from a console and then run Stash from the same console. Crowd seems to set some environment variables that Stash then ends up using?
Seems that the solution is to run each one from separate consoles (i.e. close the first one and open a new one). Seems a bit silly, but there you have it.
P.S.
Because I have no karma points yet, I can't actually answer my own question, which leaves it open forever and a little less useful to the skim readers. If anyone would like to earn some karma points, by all means copy/paste my update above and I'll mark it as the answer!