I'm looking to upgrade Confluence from 3.5.17 -> 4.3.7 in Linux (Centos 5).
When I run a dummy upgrade (using atlassian-confluence-4.3.7-x32.bin), I notice some of the custom files I've modified are not migrated to the new Confluence home.
All I see is in the 3.5.17-modifications.txt file (and confirmed as a 'modified file' in Confluence Admin, System Information, Modification) is:
- WEB-INF/web.xml
but I know I have other modifications, such as:
- confluence/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-user.xml = ldap
- conf/server.xml = ssl certificate
- bin/setenv.sh = java_opts additional params (i.e. proxy settings)
- confluence/images/quality = a custom directory with 5x .gif files
- lib/ojdbc14.jar = oracle driver (okay, not a file modification, but does it fit into the same category?)
Can these be added somehow so Confluence knows about them?
I've been doing upgrades manually in the past,.... but I can't see the point of moving to the .bin process if Confluence doesn't detect all my modifications.