I put in the new server address and it brings up the old instance. Confluence server and database were migrated to new servers. I have no idea what is redirecting to the old instance.
http:\\localhost:8090 does the same thing.
Have you configured an auto-redirect or context path in server.xml?(Was server.xml copied from your old install?)
As a general rule you should not copy server.xml as it will vary based upon the version you are moving to/from. If you are migrating from a like-to-like version you can copy it but it's best practice to make the modifications against a fresh server.xml.
There are a variety of resources for this, but I'd suggest reading:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/proxying-atlassian-server-applications-with-apache-http-server-mod_proxy_http-806032611.html
The most obvious way to determine this is your root cause is to back up your server.xml and replace it with the packaged server.xml which you can get from a .zip version of your install available here:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives?_ga=2.194582062.267162226.1561385136-1100194863.1554146954
The migration was like-to-like. I see no references to the old server, only LOCALHOST in the server.xml. I will back up and replace it as you suggest and see where that gets me.
Thanks
The generic server.xml gives me the same result.
That is interesting, the only thing I can think of (there are surely many other reasons) is if there is a rogue/obsolete DNS entry.
Instead of http:\\localhost:8090Try accessing
http:\\your.ip.address:8090
Looks like it had something to do with the old cert that copied over from the old instance.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.