I have a project that I inherited that is not set up how the team wants it to operate into the future.
Current State
I have a project that is set up with a Kanban board. So, I have the Kanban board with its columns and also a backlog list. When I view the backlog I see one of the columns in the Kanban board at the top of the backlog view as a group then I see a group of backlog items that have not been added to the board. When an item is moved to a later state in the Kanban workflow, it no longer appears in either the workflow state seen on the backlog view nor in the backlog state on the backlog view.
Future State
The team still wants to move to sprints. For an active Sprint, they want to manage it using a Kanban-style view. But they want to be able to plan future sprints. So, they want the backlog view to show the backlog and then groups for each planned sprint.
How do I shift from the current state to the future state?