I am new to Jira Service desk and we are looking at transitioning to Jira Service desk. We have some approvals for Service request that will need to go to the requestors supervisor/manager. how do I get that information. I know if it stored in Active Directory but I don't know how to access it in Jira Service Desk. We are currently Data Center but looking at cloud.
Thanks
Dan
Hi Dan,
There are post workflow functions where you can read the user's properties and place them into a field. Look at Jira Misc Workflow Extensions OR Jira Workflow Toolbox.
That's how we manage.
Susan
We use and really like Active Directory Attributes Sync We are doing exactly what you mention - accessing that attribute for purposes of approvals.
Hi @Dan W
You can automate routing of approvals to managers from Azure AD using the Multiplier plugin if you're using Jira cloud:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224807/multiplier-azure-ad-and-okta-operations-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
This uses post functions to pull in the manager from AD and insert that into the Approvers field in Jira. See this for more details: https://docs.multiplierhq.com/article/18-how-to-route-jira-service-management-approvals-to-azure-ad-manager
Here's a quick 90 second demo:
https://www.loom.com/share/61c1b3232e5b4008bb2794b71fb72743
Amaresh
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.