HI,
I'm doing a data migration, and the method I've chosen is:
- import all issues (after a large scale data manipulation)
- import all links.
About the links- I have 2 options:
- get a comma delimited linked issues - This option meens I have to link to do an Excel work - separating the field into column, and giving every column a "Dependency" name.
for ex.:
issue key, Dependency, Dependency , Dependency
issue A , Dependency Link A, Dependency Link B, Dependency Link C - getting multiple rows, with same issue, every row linked to another issue.
for ex.:
issue key, Dependency
issue A , Dependency Link A
issue A , Dependency Link B
issue A , Dependency Link C
I like option number 2. I prefer not doing Excel manipulations, when i have the option not to.
I saw it is actually working and only adding more links. (Unlike Labels which replaces the labels with other ones).
I just want an approval from JIRA official it is acceptable, since I didn't find any documented working method like this.
Thanks,
Yaron