I have a few different Issue Types in my Project. In the same Project, I want to make:
- Issue Type 1: Viewable to jira-software-users; Editable to jira-administrators only
- Issue Type 2, 3... n: Editable to all jira-software-users
I'm having trouble getting my head around how to combine the Project Edit Issue permission and Issue Security Levels to achieve this. When I do it, Issue Type 1 disappears entirely for jira-software-users in the Sprint View, which I don't want. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We generally let everyone edit all Issue Types at our organization and we want to keep to that as much as possible. We've been having problems with one specific Issue Type and we want to lock it down further (especially the Description and all the fields, not concerned with the Comments). Only the proper content originators should be able to Edit the issue and change its Status (I got this down), but retain Everyone/View on them, and Everyone/Edit on all other issues in the Project.
Also, I only have access to the JIRA interface; no access to the JIRA database, or the server we are hosting our on-prem install. I am also generally not allowed to install add-ons, even free ones because of security/privacy risks...