Hello,
I'd like that the files attached to an issue are in read-only mode, i.e. no one (neither the user that attached them) is able to modify them.
Is there a way to do this ?
Thank you
Well, maybe I did a bad question. Really the files are on the server on which jira is and when an attached file is opened and edited, we really edit the copy opened in the temp directory on our PC. So the file on the server remains always the same, I think
using following permissions on permission scheme you control
Delete All Attachments
Delete Own Attachments
check the following doc for more information
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions
I already checked this: maybe I'm wrong but the permissions allow/disallow the user to attach/remove the attachments but each attachment can be edited after being attached.
Correct, there is no restriction on editing the attachment. Since the attachment is stored in a file structure on the server, not the JIRA database I don't see how JIRA could provide that level of control.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.