Hi,
I have a strange requirement wherein i want a sub-task of some issue of some project to appear as sub-task/issue in another project such that it remains the same sub-task in both projects so that any updates to it by another project should reflect in it in original project as well. Logically speaking i don't want to migrate it to another project. I just need two instances of it in 2 projects so if i get a sub-task created in my project and its relevant to another project i canreplicate it for the other project and should be able to see updates from my own project.
Please help me on this.
A sub-task has to be in the same project as it's parent, so you can't do this.
The closest you can get is to clone the subtask, then move it to the other issue, but that really does create a completely separate issue which will immediately diverge from the original. The manual process on the split and move is complex enough, and quite hard to script.
I'd be thinking of other ways to get your users to collaberate on the sub-task...
Many thanks Nic.
I'll be looking forward to your suggestions on this.
Hi Nic,
Any updates?
Please help me on this, i would be extremely thankful for that.
Um, my suggestion was that you have a look at how else your users can collaberate on sub-tasks. Without knowing your organisation and seeing how it works, I can't really recommend much more than talking to each other about how you want to work!
Hi Ashley,
You could also take a look at JIRA Agile and create Epics in Project A and add the issues in Project B and Project C to this Epic (Epics span across projects so that's possible).
Otherwise you could simply use issue links instead of subtasks.
Or like Nic suggests: merge all your projects together and use different issue types, or simply different assignees.
Best regards,
Peter
Hi Nic/Peter,
Could you also provide me some solution to the question i asked regarding:-
Want external user to be added as user in jira automatically without jira-users permissions.
please search this in the search bar and you will see under my name this question asked recently. I would very highly appreciate any solution/answer to this from you all.
I'll take a look, but don't forget to like the helpfull comments and accept the answers on your questions that have been answered. This sends a message to the people helping you that their help has been appreciated.
Sure Peter!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.