delete
Hi @Seven Network
What version of Jira are you running? utf8mb4 is not officially supported until Jira version 8.x. However, you can still use utf8mb4 for Jira versions 7.3 and up as a workaround.
Have a look at this KB article that should help you with getting utf8mb4 to work - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/emojis-and-special-characters-for-jira-with-mysql-952604493.html
Hi @Seven Network ,
It looks like you are trying to setup MySQL and not adding the mysql connector.
https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/5.1.html
A MySQL database must have the correct collation for it to work aswell.
For more help setting up MySQL database please refer to this documentation.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/connecting-jira-applications-to-mysql-802592179.html
Java Compatibility Information : JIRA version = 8.2.2, Java Version = 1.8.0_181
The point is, I can't get ANYTHING to work, neither utf8mb4 nor plain utf. I changed database collation already several times over, it still complains about utf8mb4.
I am adding the MySQL connector, if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to set up the database connection properly via confg.sh
Is this a fresh install of Jira or an upgrade from a prior version? If it is a fresh install, I would try rebuilding the server from scratch and then installing a fresh copy of Jira just in case there's a misconfiguration with MySQL / Jira.
Otherwise, can you post more information from the stack trace? There might be something more in the logs that could explain your problem.
This KB article might also help with setting your collation on all tables correctly in case that is the cause of the issue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-fix-the-collation-and-character-set-of-a-mysql-database-744326173.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.