I'm logged into Jira with Global Admin account. I'm trying to locate the User Directories. I've followed the online directions, but under Settings --> User Management, there is no User Directories tab/section!
We're on Version 7.13 server.
Sounds like you are a jira-administrator but not a jira-system-administrator. You'll need this global permission in order to see/edit User Directories
This sounds like an on-prem instance - I am on Cloud, and I am the owner of the account and have given myself every admin role I can see, I don't see a role as called out above in my list.
I have seen other posts that say Cloud users don't have access to that role, if true, then does that mean I can NOT use LDAP with Jira? That doesn't sound right - what am I missing?
Thanks for any consideration
Regards
Joe
Hey @Joe Madden I think you can't link Cloud products with External LDAP other than Gsuite. Here's what Atlassian documentation said:
You can't link Atlassian Cloud products to another cloud or server site for user management. Instead, integrate your existing G Suite user directory with your Atlassian Cloud site, which makes domain and user management more flexible and manageable.
Monique - I appreciate the response - my focus is on Jira, and not Confluence, as the link above looks to be focused on - that said, I do appreciate your perspective.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.