I was given to understand that if I (a user in JIRA Server 7.13) sent in email to a inbound mail handler, I could then use that email to create a ticket or update comments on an existing ticket in the project I assigned for it to be associated with.
But - my email address doesn't appear to be recognized as the log says
2019-06-17 15:35:02,604 WARN [jira-it] Caesium-1-3 anonymous jira-it jira-it[10100]: Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a Jira application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]
My user has rights to create tickets (I'm an admin).
In the debug I don't see any evidence of attempt to locate user from: address match.
When my project set to allow anonymous creation - mail creation of the ticket works.
Why isn't the mail associating with my account when my user does have a license?