Hello,
I am currently handling the issue updated event on the java server side of jira. From there on I am passing the updated values to a different system. This communication between Jira and the other system is fairly simple realized through rest calls.
@EventListener
public void onIssueEvent(IssueEvent issueEvent) {
// pass on data to different system
}
What I am searching now, is by idea also easy. After I passed the data on, I want to pop up a notification in Jira about the return status of the data pass. For example: "Successfully sent".
Problem is, it's actually not that easy. In my research I found out a few things:
- https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/7.9.3/docs/messages.html Messages in AUI provide the type of notification that I'd like to have
- AUI functionality can (afaik) only be accessed from velocities or javascript
- It is possible to make custom events, although it's not quite clear to me how
So either I could pop a message from the onIssueEvent method somehow, or I create a custom event and raise it in onIssueEvent and catch it in a javascript. For both parts I don't really know how to do it. If you know how to manage it over a custom event, could you give a simple example (Event-Class, raise event, catch event jscript)? Of course the event would need to carry a tiny bit of information about the sending status.
I might not be seeing a different solution right now, so I am grateful for any kind of help in that direction.
Kind regards
Chris