Hi,
All the import instructions I have found are related to source repository with URL, http preflix.
If i normally do a "git clone git:/git/software/xxx.git" with git is the hostname, how can I import this to BB and maintain the history?
Thanks.
B.
Hi Barry,
To import an exiting repository using SSH (that is what the git: prefix means) you need to:
git clone --bare git:/git/software/xxx.git
cd my_repositorygit remote add bitbucket ssh://git@bitbucket:7999/pr/xxx.git
git push --all bitbucketgit push --tags bitbucket
You can also replace the origin URL instead of adding an extra one for Bitbucket. Just use the below command in step 5 instead of git remote add...
git remote set-url origin <span>ssh://git@bitbucket:7999/pr/xxx.git</span>
Mikael, thank you for your quick answer. Yes thats what I am doing cause I couldnt figure out how to import with the "git:" prefix. Barry
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.