I'm new to Jira and to the company, I am working for. They have Jira set to track reviews of items which require multiple rounds of revision. For each item in each round, there are multiple points of data that have to be recorded, though not every item requires the same number of revisions. Sometimes it's just one round, sometimes it goes up to five or six rounds.
Currently, on a sheet in the review section, they are using one tab for each round of review, whether it is needed or not. This is leading to tons of duplicated custom fields as they are using 1 custom field for each type of data, for each round of revision. For example, a sheet might have the following fields:
TAB_01: Fix_01, Cost_01, Description_01, Repairman_01;
TAB_02: Fix_02, Cost_02, Description_02, Repairman_02;
TAB_03: Fix_03, Cost_03, Description_03, Repairman_03;
TAB_04: Fix_04, Cost_04, Description_04, Repairman_04;
TAB_05: Fix_05, Cost_05, Description_05, Repairman_05;
TAB_06: Fix_06, Cost_06, Description_06, Repairman_06;
(They are actually more complex, but you get the idea)
They are using this same modality in multiple places in the Jira setup leading to 7 or 8 times as many custom fields as they should need. The repetition in fields rubs the programmer in me the wrong way and it feels like it is crippling the efficiency of our DB.
If this were a normal setup I'd do a one-to-many relationship between the issue and a second table containing the information for each round of fixes. But I haven't found any custom fields that describe a one-to-many relationship. How can I do something like this for my company in Jira?
Suggestions?
-Jeff
As a footnote, I have come into this project after it has been this way for a couple of years, so major DB changes run the risk of data loss. I have to try to avoid that. 