Can the nesting of pages default to the home page of a Space only in Confluence 6.15
I'm with @Thomas Schlegel on this one; by default whenever you create a new page, it will be a child of the current page that is open/visible. This is mentioned in the Create and Edit Pages documentation.However you should be able to select the location of a new page when creating it, by pressing the Tree icon and then specifying a new parent page on the Set Page Location pop-up as per the next image:
What do you mean exactly by nesting? The parent-child-relation?
If so, I don't think that you can restrict this behaviour, I never heard of anything like this.
Hi The behavior that when a new page is created it is 'nested' under the existing page you are viewing rather than the home page of the space - as shown below - page 2 is 'nested' under page 1 - I would like all pages to simply nest and therefore list under 'Home' - I know you can reorder pages after the fact....
As I said, I don't think that this is possible. And for our environment, I can say that this would lead to a totally unusable bunch of pages.
Having a hierarchy of pages and top level pages for the different topics makes finding a page much easier. But this may be not the case in your environment.
OK thanks for your input - yes I can see the value when it is required but in this particular space all pages within are unique.
Thanks Bruno that is useful to know.
While I have you please: I note (as a new Confluence user) that if you close an unpublished page that you are taken to the top level of your site - not back to the space you were creating the page in.
Is this the default behavior?
Thanks
@Gordon Rutherford I've just tested with version 6.15 (different instances on different minor versions) and it is true that whenever you close without publishing/updating, Confluence goes to the Recently worked on section and the reason for that is explained by a pop-up message that you get the first time you do this, that says:
We've dropped your draft into Recently worked on. Find, edit, and publish it when you're ready
I am not aware that you can change, or customise, this behaviour. Cheers,Bruno
OK thanks for your reply
Cheers
Gordon
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.