I have added a elasticbeanstalk pipe to a bitbucket pipeline but I cannot find any documentation on how the zip file should be created or more details on whether the rest of the steps in my current deployment process(eb cli) will happen. Currently when I deploy using the eb cli this happens automatically. Is there a way to run the eb deploy script or something?
Hi @joel-ewg-org ,
You can see this example: https://bitbucket.org/bitbucketpipelines/example-aws-elasticbeanstalk-deploy/src/master/bitbucket-pipelines.yml to know how to create the zip file to pass it to the pipe. It's pretty simple!
This example is using multiple environments, that's why it's split into 'upload-only' and 'deploy-only' commands.
Regards,
Raul
Thanks! I see that there is a line that zips the file in the Build and Test step, which for some reason I didn't notice before. It would be helpful if there was some mention of this on the README here.
zip is not installed in the image i am using(ruby:2.6.1) for my test step. Can I use a different image for the deploy step or should I install in the deploy step script? If the later, any idea which pkg manager to use (yum, apt, etc)?
You can totally use different images per step. You can find more details here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/configure-bitbucket-pipelines-yml-792298910.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.