OK, so my test Jira server is not starting;
I am testing in a VM configured with 8GB of RAM.
I have confirmed that Jira is configured to run with;
JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY="4g"
JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY="6g"
When I review the installation logs;
everything runs as expected until;
2019-06-10 15:19:06,053 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks.
2019-06-10 15:19:06,053 JIRA-Bootstrap FATAL [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed. JIRA will be locked.
So I then review the application logs;
2019-06-10 15:19:05,871 JIRA-Bootstrap WARN [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] JIRA runs in a Java virtual machine (JVM), and this JVM is allocated an amount of memory to enable JIRA to run. These amounts can be manually configured.
- The initial memory allocation pool (-Xms) is recommended to be at least 384m.
2019-06-10 15:19:05,872 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] Your memory allocation pool settings need attention
2019-06-10 15:19:05,872 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] JIRA runs in a Java virtual machine (JVM), and this JVM is allocated an amount of memory to enable JIRA to run. These amounts can be manually configured.
- The maximum memory allocation pool (-Xmx) is required to be at least 786m.
2019-06-10 15:19:06,053 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks.
2019-06-10 15:19:06,053 JIRA-Bootstrap FATAL [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed. JIRA will be locked.
~ SO, it appears to be halting because it is not operating with enough RAM, but the minimum requisites specified; Xms=384m, and Xmx=786m, are well looked after by the server settings;JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY="4g" & JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY="6g"
So, I am stuck on this, and any assistance would be welcome.