I'm trying to use UWC to migrate our TWiki to Confluence 3.5.17 (to preserve CamelCase links). I created a local instance of Confluence and am unable to even connect to it with UWC v.4.0. running
sh ./run_cmdline.sh -t conf/confluenceSettings.properties
I get the following errors:
2012-10-30 14:42:59,336 ERROR [main] - org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.Exception: RPC handler object "confluence2" not found and no default handler registered
at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeException(XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.java:104)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeResponse(XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.java:71)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:73)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:194)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:185)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:178)
at biz.artemis.confluence.xmlrpcwrapper.RemoteWikiBroker.getLoginTokenThrowExceptions(RemoteWikiBroker.java:401)
at biz.artemis.confluence.xmlrpcwrapper.RemoteWikiBroker.checkConnectivity(RemoteWikiBroker.java:1320)
at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.listeners.TestSettingsListener.getConnectionFeedback(TestSettingsListener.java:183)
at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.listeners.TestSettingsListener.getConnectionFeedback(TestSettingsListener.java:163)
at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.UWCCommandLineInterface.testConnection(UWCCommandLineInterface.java:116)
at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.UWCCommandLineInterface.main(UWCCommandLineInterface.java:44)
2012-10-30 14:42:59,379 ERROR [main] - **********************
Testing Connection Settings... FAILURE:
Problem with User setting: BAD_SPACE or USER_NOT_PERMITTED
Either the space does not exist, or the user has no access to that space.
2012-10-30 14:42:59,379 INFO [main] - Test Connection: FAILED
This is my conf/confluenceSettings.properties:
#Thu Sep 17 15:02:42 EDT 2009
current.tab.index=0
space=Software
url=localhost\:8080
trustpass=
pages=/usr/share/twiki/twiki/data/Software/
uploadOrphanAttachments=false
pageChooserDir=
attachments=
trustall=
attachment.size.max=-1
sendToConfluence=true
pattern=
login=admin
truststore=
feedback.option=true
password=password
wikitype=twiki
I've verified that the account is valid (and tried others) and that the space does exist. This looks like an environment configuration error though (I'm not that up on Java).
Ubuntu 12.04.1 i386 - Bare bones server install with JDK-7u9-linux-i386 installed as per: http://www.liberiangeek.net/2012/04/install-oracle-java-jdk-7-in-ubuntu-12-04-precise-pangolin/?ModPagespeed=noscript
Confluence seems to work fine though.
Any ideas what's missing?