Server OS : Linux (With Webmin)
Jira Version : 7.12.3
Without any issue our company Jira Server went well. In today it started to show an error page (redirecting url: http://[our-jira-server-url]/secure/errors.jsp ) saying cannot connect to database. Jira was installed as a service on our server and then I stop the service and start again. Now it act like a fresh version and ask to select option from
How can I start jira while using the existing database and data ?
Hi Anton,
The database setup wizard is activated whenever Jira sees new configurations in the dbconfig.xml file located in <jira_home> folder.
Check that the connection settings for the database (JDBC), username and password point to the right database.
All the best,
Lucy
I had the similar problem. In my case I had different schema name in dbconfig.xml file. After changed to right name everything started working well.
Try to connect to the database used by Jira on the server where you installed Jira & make sure you use the same connection settings as set in the Jira JDBC connection string.
This should give you a hint...
Best
JP
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.