Hello
I'm running Jira Service Desk 4.1.0 and have a SD project where customers can create issues via email. As I understand overall logic is that if the subject of an email contains a key of an already existing issue, then the email body is added as a comment under that issue. If an existing key is not found in the email subject, a new issue is created.
Now, I found a case, where a customer sent an email which subject does not contain existing issue key, but is the same as an existing issue's summary and the body of that email was added as a comment to that issue.
In other words: there is an existing issue with summary "Testing1" and when new email is sent to service desk with the same summary text (NOT key) "Testing1", then this is added as a comment under previous issue, not created a new one.
Can you please advise if this is some kind of bug or is this a feature?
Regards
Timo