Hello all
I have just been asked to migrate a single project from JIRA Cloud to one of the two JIRA Server instances that my team uses. I need advice!
Overview:
- I'm in a large organisation that has multiple JIRA instances.
- I am admin for a small JIRA instance (SEE), which we want to shut down as soon as possible. It's on 7.9.0.
- Another group runs a larger and better-supported JIRA (AE), that we want to migrate to. They are currently on 7.2.4 but are planning to upgrade to 7.9.0 soon.
I have no admin access or control over this JIRA, and they will probably never manage to get to the latest JIRA version. - We plan to migrate our projects from SEE to AE, as soon as AE upgrades to 7.9.0.
The new situation:
- We are about to take on new work from a team that's been using a project in Cloud JIRA. They have about 500 issues, and lots of custom config.
- We need to migrate it off Cloud before June 30 2019, because our organisation's security policy doesn't like Cloud :-( Plus that's when our contract with the current dev team ends.
- We don't mind whether the new project goes into SEE or AE. It's OK to have a new JIRA instance to migrate into as a start, but it eventually needs to be in either SEE or AE for day-to-day use.
My question:
How can we migrate that project off Cloud in a way that won't prevent us from later migrating from SEE to AE?
Thanks.