We are currently evaluating jira software, running the server in house. We are nearing the end of our evaluation and starting building the production server. We'd like to import one project from our evaluation install and import isn't going so well.
I am trying to avoid doing a full backup and restore as I'd like to keep a clean database. I don't know what kind of stuff is in the evaluation install and what would need to be cleaned up. But I will resort to this if I have to.
As far as I can tell both servers are the exact same version (8.1.0), no custom apps or plugins installed on either.
On the evaluation install, I went to Settings => System => Backup system
then copied the zip file to the soon to be production server and did the following.
I created a project with the same name and key, then went to Settings => Project Import and selected the project and I get the following error.
The backup project 'Level4Support' requires custom field named 'Story Points' with full key 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:float'. In the current instance of Jira the plugin is at version '1.0', but this custom field was not installed in the backup data. You may want to create an XML backup with this version of the plugin installed.
I have confirmed that com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes is the same version (1.0) on both machines.
I even tried setting up a test jira instance and did a full restore, then deleted all the projects and then import the project again and I get the same error.
The person that setup the evaluation machine is no longer with the company. So I can't ask any questions. But it appears he pulled the jira code and built it and set it up under docker. It's kind of a mess so we are building the server again from supported jira installs and want to keep the data for this one project.
I didn't find the following articles particularly helpful:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver081/restoring-a-project-from-backup-970609459.html
and I couldn't make sense of this article as I wasn't exactly sure how to perform some of the actions and wasn't quite sure what the three backups were referring to.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/project-import-error-due-to-required-plugin-custom-field-282169482.html