I was finally able to get a PostgreSQL DB setup for Confluence. But due to the fact that I had to reinstall Confluence, and assign a different port, I now have the complication of the old "demo/trial" version being there. When I open the link to Confluence, it often resolves to the old port 8090 (bringing me into the old Confluence using the build in DB).
How can I rid myself of this old install so that I don't run into any issues that that kind of confusion might cause?
This is going to be a KB for my Jira Service Desk, and when I link them in Jira Service Desk, it links (I THINK to the old DB over 8090, not 8096).
Thank you very much for any and all suggestions.
I have since originally posting this, found that ther are two services for Confluence in Windows, and when I shut the one down, the old 8090 Confluence DB is gone. My issue now is trying to link the second install of Confluence to this Jira SD. But when I try to choose Confluemce in "Project Settings" of the SD project, it says "We're having trouble communicating with the application. Wait a minute and try again." but waiting does nothing. I'm assuming it's looking for the application on the original port 8090. I'm looking around for documentation on how to change the default ports for my second installation of Confluence (while stopping the original trial versions service).
Moved it along I think. This is what I'm showing right now, and I'm wondering how to make this right.




