hi we have vwr project field in parent and we would like to create parent project field using script runner and it should inherit parent value.
please help
If I understood correctly, upon creation of subtask, you require a certain custom field to inherit value from parent?
If you are trying to copy a field from a task level issue into a subtask you don't have to use script runner. It can be done on transition using a post function. "Copy Value from Other Field".
When you set it up, you select the option: "Copy from Parent"
I do not, however, believe this will work for Epics to Tasks or Stories, nor for any other levels of hierarchy Issues set up in Portfolio.
Hello @Aasha Kathamuthu ,
Copying field value to subtask via transition (as @Kathy Hart mentioned) is a good solution. However it has pros and cons. You have to add this post function to every transition, and also you have to consider when parent field changes.
Generally I recommend Enhancer Plugin's Parent Issue Field customfield which is documented here.
With this field you don't have to worry about transitions or changes. Subtasks automatically display the parent's field value.
I hope I was clear.
Tuncay
@Tuncay Senturk - I am looking for unpaid plug in.
What i have done is created a script runner field in jira
and i coding that field in script runner plug in.
Ok, you should clarify a bit more.
Share your code, and we can try to help. At this point it is a big black box for me.
@Gezim Shehu [Communardo] - yes you are correct.
"VWR Project" is a single select choice field.
We have created a field (script runner ) type field - (Parent Project Name)
@Tu
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.