Hello,
how can I retrieve the comment permissions via REST-API from JIRA.
https://jira.gmc-instruments.com/rest/api/2/issue/{IssueKey}doesn't contain this information.
Rgds
Dieter
@Dieter Guthmann ,
/rest/api/2/mypermissions?issueKey=<IssueKey> should get you this information.
Refer to https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.2.1/#api/2-getPermissions
Hi @Dieter Guthmann ,
To retrieve the comment permission for the specific scheme you can make use of the REST API: Jira REST api getPermissionSchemeGrant.
The list of comment related permissions are
Add CommentsDelete All CommentsDelete Own CommentsEdit All CommentsEdit Own Comments
Based on your requirement pass the permission id to the REST endpoint.
For example: rest/api/2/permissionscheme/0/permission/10007
Hope this helps you.
Thanks,Ram.
Thank you for your answer - I was a little imprecise with my question:
I mean comments with indiviudal set permissions:
If you press here the 'lock'-Icon you can restrict that this comment is only viewable by a specific role or group. How can I retrive the information via REST if a comment is restricted...?
Hi Rambabu,
I don't think this answers the question. For each individual comment, the comment permissions can be set to All Users, Administrators, Developers, etc. This allows us to restrict who can see each comment by their role in the project. In some cases, we want to leave comments for other developers on the team which we don't necessary want/need the reporters (who doesn't have the 'developer' role) to be able to see.
When pulling comments from the API, I may only want to report on all "All Users" comments and keep the "developer only" comments hidden.
The permissions scheme determines who can create/edit/delete comments in general. The request is per issue and per comment.
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks!
Bridy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.