if we remove a JIRA user on our own installed server, will his content be removed ?
if so, how do we associate it to another user or otherwise retain it ?
the content will not be removed but the information of the author.
I prefer to disable a user. if a user didn't have the right to login (jira-user) then he is disabled and didn't get count as a licensed user
As Michael says, disable them. JIRA stores references to them in comments and history as their database id, not as text of their name so deleting the user will cause sql errors when viewing issues that would want to reference them. I move them to a group named 'inactive'
Thanks
Are user ids unique for "system lifetime"? What I mean is, what if user A gets a user id X because of some internal naming conventions, leaves the Company and later user B would get user id X because the naming conventions lead to the same as of user A? Do you say "OK, A is not here anymore but user B gets a different id as if user A was still here"? Or does B get X and hence access to all issue A had before?
I don't believe they are reused.
If this was the case that you need the userid then change it for the not used user. With script-runner no problem
Hello Tal,
From the UI/User Management, you cannot delete a user who has created content (comments, issues, etc) in your instance; the only option is to disable them.
-shawn
I don't think it allows you to delete ? Any user id with a content related it cannot be deleted - you can disble the user id.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.