Hello everybody,
I'm currently working on getting our technical documentation in Confluence server and a large portion of the documentation is boilerplate text that will be the same over multiple projects.
The current idea I have (originating from here) is to use excerpt-include or include page to include multiple template pages (from a template Space (TS)) to build up a project page.
One thing that is not working correctly is that I would like to have a project/space defined variable (defined in _ConfluenceInclusions) that is present in this template text and will be automatically updated using the space variable.
Example:
Template page (device_page) in Template Space (TS):
This is a test page and refers to the device: _device_name
Project page in Project Space (PS):
This information is about a brand new device:
{excerpt-include:TS:device_page|nopanel=true}The idea would be to replace the _device_name with a local space variable so the boilerplate code can be the same for every instance of this template but still match the local device reference.
I did find the Keysight Include Content plugin but its kind of difficult to use for non technical users.
While browsing the documentation and community I did not find exactly what I am looking for.
Any ideas / suggestions?
Thanks!