I'd like to know if there's a way to make an assignee a watcher when they are unassigned. The idea is that every assignee (past and present) for an issue continues to receive notifications until the issue is closed.
I am told by Atlassian this is not possible.
Which version of JIRA are you currently running? For your information, JIRA Autowatch is introduced in verison 5.0.3. And in version 5.2.2, Admin are allowed to disable autowatch.
It's OnDemand so 6.0. I think Autowatch is what i'm looking for but it doesn't work. I assigned myself and then assigned another user but was not added as a watcher. The local user Autowatch preference is set to inherit from the global which is "enabled". Am i missing something?
You can set this from your profile in JIRA OnDemand by choosing ENABLED for Autowatch option when editing the Preferences section of user profile. This was introducted since JIRA 5.0.3 actually, and it should work for your OnDemand.
Does this mean i have to tell all my users to also update their autowatch preferences to "enabled"? Why doesn't the global option work?
You can use a Scripted Listener, provided by Script Runner add-on.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.