I'd like to change the settings in Jira, so we can assign storypoints to bugs. Is that possible, or do we need to change the issue type into a User story?
Hello Timo,
In Jira there is something called Contexts. When you create a customfield, you can assign it contexts for better clasifications (and in the futuro performance).When a custom field has a context it is only avaiable in the project/issuetypes with that context. The story points by default come in Jira with User Story/Epic context.
If you want to change this go to Custom Fields, search story points and click Configure, there you can modify the context for more issuetypes.
Regards
Hey Timo,
if you have setup a standard "template" for your BUG. You should be able assign points to teh bug. Otherwise check your settings
Thnx. But I can't find the Project Settings, while I'm listed as an administrator of the board..
Ok.. Now I was able to add 'Story points' to the primary fields in the Issue layout settings.
But still, the story points field is not visable in the issue type?
Remember not talking about screens, you need to add it to context.
Go to Administration-> customfields -> Search for storypoints.
in this screen cap you can see that story points it is only avaiable to Epics and story points. Click on the three dots to the righ if cloud or cogwheel in server and clic "Configure".
There you can add more issuetypes
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.