Hi Team,
I have one parent issue and another one is sub task in the parent task.I have given the estimation time for parent task is 3 days and sub task is 2 days. Then the total time is shown in parent task is 5 days . So here i do not want to sub task issue time in parent issue. there is one check box include sub task. when i click on the un check then only it shows parent issue time
Hi @charan kumar , is there a question here? It seems more like a statement. What you have conveyed is how it works. Generally I either will estimate time in either the story or the sub-tasks but not both.
Just to add to the answer from @Jack Brickey , the general practice among lot of teams is to estimate story in story points and log work against the sub-tasks being worked upon which can then be rolled up to the story level.
Hi Jack,
Thanks for your response.
Here you can see the problem
From above snapshot the time shows= parent task+subtask
every time i need to unchecked the check box(Include sub task) then only it shows parent issue time
So. I need only parent issue time when issue created and i do not want to uncheck every time for parent issue time
Hi Tarun,
You can answer for above description.
ok so your issue is that the "Include sub-tasks" is 'on' by default and you wish to change it to off? I'm not sure if that can be done. TBH, i haven't even observed this but haven't been looking for it either. Maybe @Tarun Sapra has some thoughts.
Hello @charan kumar
What you require is requested here
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-31797
Sadly, it has been closed as "wont do" by Atlassian as it didn't get enough votes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.