Hi All,
I try to generate a log for dashboard creation and i am able to create a dashboard but it does not generate any log. please let me know is that facility available or not.
Thanks
Hi Gayarti,
I understand that you are wanting to see a log of when dashboards are created within Jira. While this is not something I think you can configure via the log4j logging that creates logs on the filesystem of the Jira Server, this IS something that the Audit Log in Jira will keep track of. As a Jira Administrator you can navigate to the Cog Icon -> System -> Audit Log to see this.
Specifically this is tracked in the description called 'dashboard changes'. This would keep track of the creation, editing, or deletion of dashboards from Jira.
Does this meet your needs?
Andy
Hi Andrew,
Thanks ! for the information related to "Dashboard Audit Log" this is helpful for us,
however we also want to know that remaining event -
are audited or not? this information would be helpful for us.
Regards
Gayatri Yadav
I wrote my original answer with the presumption that you were using Jira Server. It has occurred to me now, that potentially you are using Jira Cloud. If that is the case, then there are some significant difference between the platforms in regards to what they will track in their respective Audit Logs.
In both platforms, the audit log will track permission and workflow changes. However Cloud does not track the category of 'general configuration' whereas Server does. I hope this helps to clarify.
Hi Andy,
Thanks! for the fruitful information, and i tried to trigger the "Workflow Event" to get Audit log from cloud jira administer account
can you please guide me for that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.