I am trying to move attachments from one space to another space without loosing the version history of the attachment.
Hello, @Sai Sampath Bharadwaj Garikipati !
you can do it, look through the article Manage files.
Thanks Alexander, I know that Attachments can be moved. but i ma not sure if this action saves the version history.
I am trying different options, but when moving or copying attachments to another page, all version history is lost and the user which does the migration appears as the creator for all the moved attachments. Unfortunately.
@Alexander Bondarev Thank you, this suggestion worked actually (Confluence Datacenter) ! :
However just to mention, it is moving only last 50 versions of the attachment. If the attachment has more versions, they are not being moved.Not sure if there is some configuration in Confluence administration for this (I haven't found it), looks like some default predefined amount.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.