For example, our developers are JIRA agents, but would not but utilizing the Service Desk add on - when calculating the licenses we need for Service Desk, do I need to count the JIRA agents who will not be using Service Desk?
Yes, but no.
Each person who needs to be an Agent in Service Desk needs a licence. If they do not need to be an agent, then don't make them an agent. A "JIRA Agent who will not be using service desk" is pointless - they don't need to be Agents, so drop them out of the Agent group and they won't count. I think you need to decide whether your developers really are agents or not.
Yes it's useless to promote some interal to Agents rols, it only costs you a service desk license.
I believe it depends on Service Desk version you use. In SD prior to 2.0 you had to match your SD license with your JIRA license but starting with SD 2.0 Atlassian introduced new licencing scheme:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/JIRA+Service+Desk+licensing
There NOT everyone who is JIRA user has to be agent in SD but only people who work on customer issues.
Deborah, for clarity, the company developers are JIRA users, but not Service Desk Agents. It may seem like a technicality, but each term has a specific meaning in this case.
Thank you, that is exactly what the issue was. I was able to figure it out from the link provided by RVal. Thanks everyone
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.