Hi
I want to push (mercurial) via ssh to one of my repos. I uploaded the pub key, but it seems that I have only read access how can I change that to write access?
thanks
Uwe Brauer
The issue you are running into is a permissions issue on your destination. You need to give the user with the pub key write permissions to the directory it is pushing to.
well when I generated the key I used -C and my the email address of my account. I also receive the message remote: Can't find your username.
but in my .hgrc file, I have set up my user id I always use. I am confused
It does not matter so much for the user that you created the key as but the user that you are creating an ssh session for.
SOLVED:
I found the answer here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Unable-to-push-code-to-my-private-repo/qaq-p/708507
the key as to be in my user account, not in the repo! This is VERY confusing and the documentation is silent on that issue, sigh
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.