If I want to see the time between a Question being raised, and it being Answered. I would query on the Created Date, but how do I query on the Answered Date? Need your help.
if by "answered" you mean resolved then use "resolutiondate".
No, I do not want to use the Resolution Date because the User's often forget to move the JIRA to Resolved or Done.
I want to use the date that the question was moved to Answered. Any ideas?
so Answered is a status then?
there isn't a simple JQL function for when an issue transitions from one status into another but there are options.
Our workflow allows the Reporter to either "Accept Answer", "Provide feedback" or "Close Issue". I rather like that there are options.
However even though I can see the transition date on the individual JIRA of when the issue gets Answered, I cannot figure out how to have that data appear in a query result.
For those interested in this, Time in Status app by OBSS produces reports that show first/last status transition dates for each status. The app also includes reports that show how much time each issues spent in each status, assignee or group; number of times each status or transition was used.
You didn't specify Jira Server or Cloud but Time in Status is available for both(Date reports available only for Jira Cloud for the moment, will be coming soon to server.)
All report data can be exported as XLS, XLSX or CSV.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.