In JIra, as the "Summary" is being filled in, is there a way to auto-fill/autocomplete based on existing issue summaries?
No, you'd need to write code to do that.
Having summaries autocomplete probably is not a useful idea though - a summary is supposed to be something short and descriptive of a unique issue, not the same thing over and over again.
There is an add-on that allows such behavior.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.defaultvalues
I disagree - you would want to be guided to use similar or the same summary for similar or the same issues. This keeps language consistent and allows searches to actually turn up what you're looking for.
Disagree as well. If an issue (or seven) exist already for what I'm typing in the summary input, I want to know before getting through the whole creation. Need to prevent multiple issues for the same problem causing double the work to be done for no reason
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.