Hey Community.
I am considering the effect of this change on Tempo.
We have about 20 database tables to update when userKeys are changed.
From what I see here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjira/gdpr-changes-in-jira-968684265.html#GDPRchangesinJira-anonymizing
a) I don't see any way of intercepting an event for the update?
b) If there were such an event, would it make sense for one user at a time or all the users?
c) My thinking is that if we get all updated user keys in a single event, we can:
1. Store the user key mappings in a temporary table.
2. Update each database table one at a time with a join to that table (~20 SQL updates).
3. Run all the SQL updates in a single database transaction?
4. Delete the updated users key from the temporary table.
5. Create a UI for users to retry a failed update.
6. Notify users somehow if the app is in an unstable state caused by a `not complete update`.
d) Updating one user at a time will be slower we will need 20XUSER_COUNT SQL updates. I am thinking that is not optimal?
e) Should Jira be locked while this operation is in progress?