As an admin I do not want users to change/modify the Reporter field of the issues
Hi shweta@factorfox.com ,
Project permissions allow you to control it.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html
I tried but it's not happening.
Can you help me in details with complete steps on how can I prevent others (members) from changing Reporter field.
Confirm that your permission scheme has multiple roles. Put the users you don't want to change the reporter into 1 role, and yourself in another. You can modify the permissions that role has, and restrict them from making that change.
Hello,
I suggest to use the permission helper in Jira
You can access it quickly by pressing "." then type "permission helper"
Then you can see what permission scheme is allowing users to edit this field, then you can edit the configuration according to your needs in terms of Role/Group/User who are granted this permission.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.