If I run the installer for Sourcetree Windows 3.1.2, Sourcetree automatically opens and can find GIT, but if I close Sourcetree and restart it Sourcetree can no longer find GIT. At this point all of the options to enable GIT fail. Attempting to use embedded GIT starts the download and install, but the same dialog comes back that Sourcetree can't find GIT. Trying to browse for GIT only results in the same dialog being shown without ever giving me an option to select a location where GIT is installed. If I exit Sourcetree and rerun the installer, Sourcetree is able to automatically find my system GIT or use embedded GIT.
This started when I first used the in app notification to upgrade Sourcetree from 3.0.17 to 3.1.2.
If install 3.1.2 and verify that GIT is enabled and then upgrade to 3.1.3 via the notification, GIT will still work after restarting via the notification as 3.1.3. But again if I exit Sourcetree and relauch it GIT can't be found.
Currently I need to reinstall Sourcetree each time I launch it in order to be able to use GIT, or I can downgrade to Sourcetree 3.0.17 that had no problems finding GIT.