Hi, we have Confluence 6.2 and Jira 7.3.4 installed on a Windows 2012 data centre server hosting the MSSQL databases too.
We have a Development server installation of 6.2 too but it is long out of step with Production and I want update it with a copy of current Production.
Question: How best to do this?
If I do an SQL database restore, do I need take all the home directory and attachments too? I am concerned with taking production environment settings across to Dev and not knowing to repoint them etc running risk of updating Prod with work done in Dev. So I'd need understand what configs I need change. I don't find this info very evident in Atlassian documentation.
Or I could do an XML export/Import which was my preferred method as being a dev environment I am not overly concerned with the add-ons working immediately. We don't have a massive site, it's been operational since 2011 but only by less than dozen users.
Question: I am only member of Confluence-Administrators so can I confirm I am blocked from doing any backups/restores anyway at moment and need bumping up to System administrator group which obviously I can't see to add myself to
Thanks