Hi,
I believe that the default JIRA macros make use of the current session user to perform queries and link Confluence to JIRA (is this true?)
I am developing a Confluence Space that on a specific page I need to do a few API calls to return information (I use the HTML macro to do this)
Currently I have a dummy user that I use as the user to make the queries (it has a jira-software-user license slot). This user is used regardless of the user viewing the page.
What I need to do is use the current session user's login and password (they are the same for JIRA and Service Desk so any API call to JIRA made on Confluence will work this way) for the query (currently I pass them on the query string by variable, it is enough and secure since our JIRA instance is not open to the world.
How can I get access to the Users login and password on a Page level? Is it on a variable accessible at the page? If I need to use a macro to get this, how can I do it?
Thanks !