I am using JIRA server 7.1.9
I have configure background index for jira at 12:00 am daily. This is trigger using jira REST api. I am using this for past 3-4 months
Last night when reindexing happpened following error occoured; after that jira stopped responding, and I had to manually delete indexes and re build them after starting jira.
2019-05-22 00:00:03,553 JiraTaskExectionThread-435 INFO rms 0x3925685x1 t0u3yz 180.151.75.219 /rest/api/2/reindex [c.a.j.issue.index.De
faultIndexManager] Reindexing 136389 issues in the background.
2019-05-22 00:00:44,040 ISSUE-indexQueue:thread-1 INFO [c.a.j.r.v2.index.ReindexResource] Re-indexing is 1% complete. Current inde
x: Issue
2019-05-22 00:01:21,686 ISSUE-indexQueue:thread-1 INFO [c.a.j.r.v2.index.ReindexResource] Re-indexing is 2% complete. Current inde
x: Issue
2019-05-22 00:01:52,660 ISSUE-indexQueue:thread-1 INFO [c.a.j.r.v2.index.ReindexResource] Re-indexing is 3% complete. Current inde
x: Issue
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Cannot open file /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira-gc-2019-05-22_0655.
log due to No such file or directory
Can someone help me why this issue occoured, and how can i prevent this in future.
Thanks in advance