We want to clone a Jira Service Desk ticket to Jira Core I've tried the option "Create linked issue" as well as cloning and moving but I have not succeed.
The problem is that the issue can only be cloned into another Jira Service Desk project. I can't clone it into Jira Core. However, I'm able to create the issues separately in JIRA Service Desk and Jira Core and link them together.
In a previous thread I was told that the reason you are unable to link issues from JIRA Service Desk to JIRA Core is because we were running the software as two separate instances (Jira Service Desk and Jira core in different servers. Although, we can't perform this action because it goes against our company policies. We have JIRA service desk available for customers and accesible from outside and JIRA Core only available to employees connected to our VPN.
Is there anything that we can do?